Tuesday, November 14, 2017

First off, my mom told me that I sent a picture of a grasshopper instead of the death squad. I couldn't see what picture I was sending and I guess I guessed wrong. But the grasshopper is a different story. We found him in our house and caught him. We didn't know what he eats so we gave him some pancakes and juice. He died the next day. I guess he doesn't eat pancakes and juice.

We had another week full of miracles here in Los Hornos. We have been working with a lot of great investigators. We only have one worry though. Just about all of them need to get married. It looks like we are going to be planning about 4 or 5 weddings in the next month or so if all goes well.

We have been working with a family named the Torres Belmont family. They are so amazing. The mom is a less active and her boyfriend and their two daughters are investigators. They love the church and are progressing so well. They also love to give us food and that is an extra bonus. The mom works selling quesadillas and tacos so she cooks really well. The girls love church and even bought some new shoes to match some of their dresses. They are 9 and 8 years old. We are hoping to get them baptized by December 2.

We have been seeing the death squad more and more and they are doing okay... They are all men except for one. The one woman in the group is named Dominga. It is in front of her house that we meet with all of them every time. She is the only one who doesn't drink or do drugs. She is the one who always invites us because she wants all of them to change and stop drinking. She is really funny and so loving. She is one of the poorest people I have met out here but it is impossible to visit her without her giving us something to eat. She gets mad if we keep refusing. We invited her to church and honestly didn't really expect her to come because the church is about 30 minutes away from her house (walking). But she came all by herself and it made our day. I don't have any pictures of her but I will try to get one this week.

We are seeing so many miracles in this area and I come to love these people more and more every day. Mexico is really one of the most amazing places I have ever been.

Have a great week!

--
Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment