Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Dec. 12, 2017

This week was a little slower, I'll be honest. We only had one full day to actually work in our area due to a bunch of meetings and stuff. But we had transfers last week and I am staying at least one more transfer in Hidalgo and i couldn't be happier. This is seriously the best place I have ever lived. My new companion is Elder Grimshaw and he is awesome! I may have mentioned him before because when I was in Espartaco he was in my district and we had some awesome exchanges together. President knew we were really good friends and I just asked him a few weeks ago if he would send Elder Grimshaw to be my comp and he did! I honestly didn't think it was going to work but we are super excited.

On sunday we had a family home evening with the Velazquez Guzman family that we baptized a while back and it was awesome. We wanted to do something with the Light the World initiative and we came up with the idea of bringing cookies to people's houses like we do back home. Nobody does that here and so it was going to be something new for them. Well it turned out really well. They told us that they have a lot of family that live close by but that they really don't get a long. We convinced them to let us bring them some cookies and it was a miracle. They invited us all in and we shared a little message about Christmas and said a prayer with them. We later invited them to have another Family home evening together next week and they all accepted! when we left, the mom (concepcion) told us that she had never seen her family smile like that before. We were able to testify to them about the power of Christ to heal families. Just like they were able to see changes in their immediate family, we promised them that if they keep showing little acts of love for their family, that they are going to see more miracles. It was a really cool experience for all of us.

those are kind of the highlights of this week. Like I said, we didn't do a whole lot of work this week due to a bunch of meetings. I also fogot my camera so I can't send any pictures. I will update you all next week. Adios!


--
Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment