Thursday, October 20, 2016

Holy cow. I know that I have only been gone for a week, but it seriously feels like I have been gone for so much longer because of everything that has happened. Just a heads up though, if there are a lot of spelling errors in this email, i'm sorry. The keys in this keyboard are sticking and it's driving me nuts. Living on my own has been a challenge. I spilled food all over my suit while we were eating dinner for our first night. I just found out that there is a dry cleaner here so now I have to wait about a week for it to be finished cleaning. I was told that my bedding would be provided so i didn't bother to bring any blankets or anything. Well, when i got to my room, I noticed that everybody else had some blankets... except for me. I decided that I would just use one of my towels as a blanket until i figured something out. Apparently there was a closet where they have all the blankets, sheets, pillows, and everything you need for bedding, and nobody told me for 5 days. Everyone makes fun of me now for sleeping with a towel. I love all of the people in my zone, they are all so fun and I am making tons of friends here. (they even taught me the "zone handshake"... only the cool missionaries get to learn to zone handshake. I was pretty proud of myself.) 

The spirit is so strong here, it is crazy. I have already found myself changing so much. The spanish is coming along great. They had us teaching an "investigator" in spanish on our second day. you can imagine how that went. But over the past week, our lessons have improved so much! The gift of tongues is real. Serving a mission has been the best decision that i have ever made and I don't regret it for a second. I miss you all so much. I have only cried once so I think I am doing okay. 

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment