Wednesday, August 16, 2017

First things first.... Lucy got married! I honestly wasn't so sure it was going to happen. She changed her mind about 3 times just this week about wanting to get married. I was the one planning it and setting up the appointment with the Judge and everything and I didn't really know what I was doing. She seemed pretty unsure about it. I don't blame her though, I was pretty confused about the whole thing, but we got it done. I know how to plan a wedding now so the next time it will be a breeze.. I hope. We had to go out of the mission and into a completely different state of Mexico to do it. The judge we went with helps the missionaries a lot and it is a lot easier to go to him apparently. It was a pretty fun trip though. We went in the metro (subway), buses, and even moto-taxis (motorcycle taxi). When we got to the judge's office, we still had to wait about 3 hours. It was pretty long and boring. They are officially married though and should be getting baptized this week!

That was about the biggest thing that happened here this week. This area has been a little harder to find new investigators just because of how the people live up here. We really have to work with the members a lot more to find people to teach. The members here are really good though and give us referrals quite often.

Aside from all of that, it has been a little bit of a drier week here. I have  been studying charity a lot lately. As a missionary, Charity is one of the biggest things that helps you in the mission. For me it is really easy to get frustrated when people don't keep their commitments we leave them. We have heard all of the excuses and I have to hold myself back from calling them out on there excuses. Needless to say, that is why I have been studying charity lately. I found a quite by President Monson that I really liked. It said "Charity, like Faith, requires action." We teach people a lot that to have effective faith, we need to act. But it wasn't until I read that quote that I had thought about charity in that sense as well. We have to work towards charity and exercise it, just like our faith. As we give to others and really focus on showing that Christ-like love, eventually it will become part of our nature as well. In moroni 7:48 it says that we should pray with all of the energy of our heart that we might be filled with this love, because if we don't have charity, we are nothing (something like that, I don't remember the wording in english). We are all representatives of Jesus Christ. We all take his name upon us when we are baptized. If we represent Jesus Christ, I think the best way to do that is to have charity and be kind to people. Christ was the perfect example and teacher of charity. I hope and pray that each of us can be a little more loving towards one another. In my mission I have really been able to see the difference it makes in some of these peoples lives when they feel like someone cares about them. I know Charity makes a difference in each of our lives regardless of our circumstance. Have a great week!

Elder May


Making Tortillas

Making Salsa

Riding in the Mototaxi

waited 3 hours in the judges office while Lucy and gerardo got married.

outside the judges office.

streets in my area

No comments:

Post a Comment