Tuesday, August 29, 2017

First off, Lucy and Wendy were baptized on Saturday! We were pretty excited for them. It was a really neat experience and they were pretty excited. I had the opportunity to baptize the daughter, Wendy. Me and her are pretty good friends. They kind of scared us a little bit because they didn't show up to sacrament meeting until right before the sacrament. We didn't really know what we would have done if they never showed up. But they were confirmed and are officially members of the Church.

We have been working with an investigator named Hector. He is 13 and he is awesome. He is just kind of a quiet guy but he reads everything and he just gets it. After our last lesson I was about to leave a chapter from the book of mormon to ready until our next visit. Right before I told him what it was, his uncle (who is less-active) threw him under the bus and said "you know what? we both need to be better at reading. How about we ready the whole first book of Nephi before the next appointment" (which would be in one week). I thought it seemed a little crazy because we usually leave only one or two chapters at the most. However, Hector accepted it no problem. Yesterday we saw him again and asked him how his reading was going and he basically told us everything that happens in First Nephi. Needless to say I think he did his reading. We are still working on helping him come to church. His dad doesn't really like the idea of him coming to church but we are working on it.

We have also started giving English classes every tuesday and even teach english in some lessons one-on-one with investigators who can't came on tuesdays. I didn't know that so many people would be willing to learn english. I don't even know how to teach English but they like it so we keep doing it. We basically just throw some words on the whiteboard and have them write sentences with the words. It is a fun time.

I really love my new area. It is very humble and very exciting. I don't have time to tell you all the little details and stories that happen every day but there are very many. I feel so blessed to be in this area and in this mission. It is crazy to me how fast time is going, it really just needs to slow down.


--
Elder May

cathedral in coyoacán

I bought a poncho

I slept in an uncomfortable hammock 

Lucy and Wendy's baptism

the area

Elders of Hidalgo​​

No comments:

Post a Comment