Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hello everybody!

Sorry that I have kind of slacked on the emails. I haven't had much time lately. We had transfers last week and I stayed here in hidalgo and My new companion is Elder Vargas. He is from Tijuana and is awesome. He is kind of crazy and it has been a pretty fun first week together.

From what my parents tell me, the earthquake that hit us down here has been a big part of the news back home, as well as the hurricanes in Florida and Texas. I'm sure you would all like to hear some pretty cool story from me being in the earthquake, but I slept right through it. I had no idea there was even an earthquake until I woke up and the phone had a bunch of texts wondering if we were okay. The other missionaries in our ward that live across the street felt everything and ran out into the street for safety, but my comp and I slept like rocks through the whole thing.

We have had a really great couple of weeks here. We are working with some really great people and have some good baptisms planned soon. In specific, we are working with a really great family. They have 3 boys and the mom and dad. They all come to church every week except the mom because she works. We are trying to figure out a solution for her to be able to come to church with the rest of the family. They are really great and have a goal to be sealed in the temple.

We are also working with a guy named Oliver. He is 20 years old and is the only one in his family who is not baptized. He is struggling with drinking and smoking and is really trying to stop. He has made a lot of progress in the past couple of months and hopefully he can make his goal of being baptized on the 7th.

I don't know if all of you remember Juan Carlos from my old area in Espartaco? He was the old guy who I met by playing basketball with him in the street and he also painted me a picture of a turtle playing soccer. Well, the missionaries from that area let me know that he was finally baptized last week! I was super excited to hear about him. When I met him he was smoking 14 cigarettes a day and was one of the most Catholic people I know. That was just a little testimony to me of how anybody can change and apply the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that Christ lives and guides his church today, and there is nothing that he can't help us do.

Have a great week!

Elder May






No comments:

Post a Comment