Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Hello everybody!

I am sorry that I have been slacking a little bit lately with the emails. I need to do better at writing them.

These past few weeks have been amazing, like always. The highlight of these last two weeks would have to be the baptism of the Velazquez family. We found them by going through the area book. We saw that the missionaries had been visiting them about 2 years ago but didn't have much success with them. My comp and I felt that we should go visit them one day and since then we have seen miracle after miracle. The mom was able to change her work schedule to be able to come to church. She works from 7:00 am on monday until 10:00 pm. She sacrifices a lot for her family. The dad stopped smoking and drinking to be able to be baptized with his family. They all read the scriptures and say their prayers as a family now every day and are progressing so well. They have the goal to be an eternal family. They have to be members for one year before they can be sealed as a family. They were baptized on October 14, and want to be sealed next october hopefully before I go home from my mission. That would be the greatest experience i can imagine to have in my mission.

We have also been working with a lot of other families and couples. We have a lot of people who need to get married and with my wedding planning experience, we are ready to go.

We had transfer calls last saturday and I will be staying here in Hidalgo for another transfer to finish Elder Vargas' training. I am super okay with that. He is probably my favorite companion and we have been getting a lot done here. I love this area and love my mission! Time is going by way too fast. Each transfer goes by faster than the last and it is starting to freak me out.

I love you all, have a great week!




--
Elder May





No comments:

Post a Comment