Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Hola everybody. This week has been pretty great. I explained a little bit about the Velazquez Guzman family in the last letter. They were confirmed last Sunday. We went to their house on Wednesday for another lesson. We were going to teach them about the temple and prepare the dad and the 12 year old son to receive the priesthood. We had it all planned out and when we all sat down and were ready to give the lesson they gave us a nice surprise. They said "so yesterday we went to the church for the young men's activity and the bishop ended up giving us the priesthood. Also Aldahir (the 12 year old) is going to go the temple tomorrow. He even has the information to be baptized for his grandpa.". It was a pretty cool surprise, I'll be honest. They had already taken the initiative of meeting with the bishop and doing their family history.

The next day, Aldahir went to the temple with the young men and he loved it. He actually went by himself. His parents asked us if we could walk him to the church so he didn't have to walk through there by himself. Funny story though... You'd think we'd be responsible and keep him safe as we were walking to the church right? Well I have walked those roads to the church about a thousand times so I was just kind of going through the motions and not paying attention to the things around me. We were walking past this parking lot in an apartment complex and out of nowhere my comp and Aldahir just stopped. I didn't pay much attention and kept walking. Well they stopped because a car was coming and I didn't see it. The car didn't see me either... So I got hit by my first car on Thursday. It wasn't going fast at all and I just kind of rolled off the hood. It was an old lady too and she was freaking out. I just gave her a thumbs up and a smile a kept walking. 


We have been working with another family as well. The Belmont family. The mom is a less active who found us in the street and asked us to come by and teach her family. We went by that same day and had a good lesson with all of them. Her husband's name is Carlos and they have two little girls ages 9 and 8 named Fernanda and Naomi. We taught them a couple times in the week and they came to church yesterday! They had to leave after sacrament meeting because the house of Carlos' sister collapsed in the earthquake last month and they have been spending a lot of time helping her get resettled and back to normal. We are really excited about this family, they have so much potential.

Have a great week!

--
Elder May


No comments:

Post a Comment