Thursday, November 3, 2016

Hola Everybody!

First of all... Halloween was so boring, It was just an ordinary day. We couldn't really dress up, so the most we could do was switch name tags with some people... But it was still a great day. I actually had to go to the dentist yesterday so that was pretty ironic... But they were all dressed up in Halloween costumes so it was kind of nice to be in the "real world" and see some real Halloween costumes. I was at the dentist because I had a tooth that was bugging me so the dentist gave me a root canal... It wasn't too bad though. I was expecting to be really sore but I wasn't sore at all. We got back right around dinner time and I even ate a pork chop and it didn't even hurt. The language is starting to come a little better. I haven't said anything else embarrassing lately. My companion was trying to say that he was embarrassed so he said "estoy embarrassado".... Which really means "I'm pregnant". That gave us all a good laugh. We did a "fast" yesterday. We didn't fast from food, but we fasted from speaking English for the whole day. Not going to lie, it was pretty rough and I only lasted until lunch. But we were teaching a lesson and it was one of the best lessons that I have been able to give here. Our investigator's name is Brian. He literally falls asleep every time we teach him. Because he would fall asleep it made it really hard to feel the spirit in our lessons. We came into this next lesson without much planned, but we just planned on talking with him and asking him what his expectations of us were, and why he wanted to keep meeting with us. He asked about the sacrament and we were able to testify of the Atonement. It was amazing. We invited him to be baptized and he was really excited. (we have to set the baptismal date for the week after we leave the MTC, just because we aren't sure if they are really a member on not). But I had never seen him actually smile and be excited like that before so it was awesome. The fast from English paid off I think. I have learned a lot in the MTC and one of the things I have learned this week is that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. It isn't always in the way that we want or expect, but he answers them. I was laying in bed the other night and one of the Elders in my room was snoring so loud and I could not fall asleep. I wanted to smack him but that isn't missionary-like. So I simply said a little prayer that my Companion would stop snoring and next thing I know, he had stopped. It was so simple and honestly kind of funny, but that strengthened my testimony just a little more that our prayers are answered. My mission has been really hard but I have absolutely loved it! I love and miss you all! 

Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment