Monday, November 21, 2016

Well since I am leaving on what would have been my P-day, we are allowed to email today so everybody knows what is going on. I leave at 3:50 in the morning to go to the airport... The MTC has been such a great experience. I have learned so much about myself and about my savior. I have also made so many great memories and friendships. The other day we were sitting in a devotional and my companion had some listerine breath spray. He offered to let me have some so I just opened my mouth and was going to let him spray my mouth with it. Well, he missed. He nailed me right in the eye with the listerine. Not going to lie, it hurt really bad and I was scared for me eye for a little bit. It didn't help that we were sitting in the middle of the front row... the devotional hadn't quite started yet so I got up to go to the restroom to try to wash out my eye, but the person leading the devotional stopped and asked me if I was okay... I had to explain right there in front of everybody that my companion sprayed me in the eye with listerine. Super awkward and embarrassing, but it was really funny. My eye is okay, the stinging eventually left after about 30 minutes and I still have full use of my right eye. I one of our devotionals, our MTC president shared this quote from Dr. Seuss "You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose" His point was that we have fully agency of our actions. We have been given commandments and guidelines in this life, but we ultimately have the choice of whether or not we are going to do what we should. I know that when we use our agency in righteous ways we are blessed with the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. We feel happier and our Father in heaven is happy when he knows that we are using our agency in righteous ways. I love you all, Georgia here I come.

-Elder May

Friends at the dentist office where I had 2 root canals while in the MTC

Elder Villalobos


No comments:

Post a Comment