Wednesday, November 9, 2016

On Tuesday we had the opportunity to hear from President Nelson. That was super awesome. He talked about being walking epistles of the Lord. He talked about being examples and representatives of Christ, and how we can "write our testimonies on our hearts". It is so important that we are always aware of our actions and remembering who we represent. He asked us to think about ourselves and what we could change, or improve on to be better missionaries. I pulled out my white missionary handbook and I thought I'd do one of those "i'll just open it up and see what happens" types of things. I said a little prayer and opened it up... At the top of the page I turned to, in big bold letters it said "The Law of Chastity". I was a little shocked because as far as I knew, I was doing just fine with the law of chastity.... But I thought I would just read it anyways. None of it really applied to me at all, but the next topic was "Your relationship with your companion." That one seemed more fitting. I read what the missionary handbook said about companionships and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I think heavenly Father has a sense of humor. I picture him kind of chuckling to himself for making me read about the law of chastity before I got my answer. I know that if we come to Heavenly Father and humbly ask what we could do better, he will give us an answer. The spanish has been coming better and my companion and I have learned how to teach with each other better. Our lessons used to have one of us talk for the whole time and the other would bear their testimony at the end and they were never all that great of lessons. We learned how to trust each other and to rely on the spirit. We were teaching our "investigator", Brian, and we planned to teach him more about The Plan of Salvation, but the spirit took it another way. In our lesson with him last week, we invited him to attend church on sunday and he said he would. When we asked him how church was he said he didn't really understand the point of the sacrament. The spirit told my companion and I to open up the scriptures and read the sacrament prayers with him. It was actually pretty cool because we both started turning to those scriptures at the same time like we planned it, but we didn't. We bore testimony of the Atonement and the spirit was so strong. Brian usually falls asleep in the middle of our lessons. It is actually pretty frustrating. But when we were testifying of the sacrament and the Atonement he was actually asking a lot of questions and by the end he was tearing up a little bit. It was a very spiritual lesson. It is so important to teach with the spirit. The elders in our residence love watching me eat spicy food because when it is bad enough, I start to sweat... So some of them thought it would be fun to ask somebody to send them some Ghost Peppers... They haven't come yet, but I don't think it will be a fun day for me when they do. I have made some amazing friends out here and it is really hard to say goodbye to some of them every week. I know this gospel is true. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you and wants us all to return to live with him. Always remember your savior and the sacrifice he made for you. Never be afraid to use his Atonement and repent. Our branch president talked about how we should think of repentance as "improvement". That the repentance process is really just an "improvement process" to help us throughout this life. I love you all, talk to you next week.

Elder May

Some people like studying a bit more than others


 I'll be seeing you later.


Elder May and Elder Colson

No comments:

Post a Comment