Thursday, March 9, 2017

Hola everybody. I hope everything is going well. This week has been another great week. Every day I have a new story I could tell, but I don't have enough time to write all of my experiences, whether they are spiritual or weird.

On Wednesday, a member asked us if we could do some service for her and weed her yard. We gladly said we would. I quickly learned that weeding in Mexico is different than it is in the U.S. (At least at her house). We came to her house and she gave us our gardening tools. She gave my companion a machete and gave me an axe. It made sense to have those as our gardening tools because her weeds were basically trees. When we finished she made us some enchiladas that were super good. However, while we were enjoying our enchiladas, her neighbor ran into the house and told us that her mom (who is also one of our investigators) had just passed out and wouldn't wake up. Well, we all ran over there and tried to wake her up but nothing was working. they decided to take her to the hospital, but didn't want to call an ambulance so they had Elder Cruz and I carry her to the car and put her in the back seat. It was super weird, and probably not the safest option but oh well. The next day she was fine and we had another lesson with her like nothing happened. She then informed us that she would be moving to Cancun the next day, and that we wouldn't see her again. It was kind of sad because she was our strongest investigator. Those two days were just a weird experience with her.

Saturday I experienced hoe Mexicans celebrate birthdays. It was my 19th birthday and the members treated me well. We had lunch with a family in the ward and they had a bike tres leches cake for me and sang all of these different birthday songs and even smashed me face in the cake. It was really fun. We then celebrated with gigantic sparklers. Later that night, Elder Cruz and I celebrated by grilling some burgers and having french fries to remind me of home. We burnt the burgers so that made it feel that much more like home too.

On tuesday we had a pretty neat experience. We had a lesson with one of our investigators named Edgar. Edgar is not a very solid investigator, and doesn't really take the lessons seriously so sometimes it is hard to feel the spirit. Well, in the middle of our lesson, his brother, named Jaime, came in. He sat down and participated with us. He told us that he really felt something in our lesson and wants to know how he can feel it more. We explained that he was feeling the spirit and that we can have the gift of the holy ghost with us constantly after we are baptized. It was a really good lesson, and we are meeting with him again tonight, so I hope we can have another good experience with him. I was able to bear testimony of how the holy ghost has impacted my life. I am so grateful to have a member of the godhead with me constantly. In John 14:27 it says "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" I know that with the holy ghost, we can feel Godly peace that the world can never bring. There are so many people in the world that are searching for rest, and for peace, but don't know where to find it. I am so grateful I have been called to serve as a missionary to help people find this peace in their lives.

Until next week...


--
Elder May
Tres Leches birthday cake (before)

Tres Leches birthday cake (after)

Birthday sparklers

Grillin some burgers


No comments:

Post a Comment