Sunday, March 26, 2017

Well, first of all, we finally got our refrigerator. That was a happy day.

This week has been another week of weird and great experiences. I am pretty sure the about half of the people I meet, whether they are members or not, have never seen the color green. A lot of times when people meet me they will mention something about my green eyes and they just stare at them for a while and it kinda freaks me out. We met with a less active lady named Yolanda the other day and that was a fun time. She asked us what we believed about God and we told her that we know God exists because of all of the blessings we have. We have this beautiful earth and all of the animals as well. There are so many things that couldn't have "just happened", and proves that there is somebody watching over us. Her reply was a big "No. You are both wrong". I wasn't expecting such a bold response and didn't really know what to say. I was about to start talking again but then her brother came into the room. He had to have been on some sort of drugs or something. When he saw me, he looked at my eyes and told me, in english, that I deserve a "good marriage woman" because my eyes are green. Then Yolanda told him to be careful what he says to me because Donald Trump was my uncle and he got all scared and left. Super weird. The rest of the meeting just went kind of down hill from there.

This week was a little less exciting as far as investigators go. We have been struggling to keep investigators for more than one or two lessons. Finding people isn't an issue because here in Mexico City there are more people than I have ever seen. We found a new investigator named Bemmy. Bemmy was taking the discussions with some other Elders a while ago when he lived in a different part of Mexico. He found us in the street and asked us to come by on Wednesday of this week. that was a pretty cool experience and I have faith that he will have the desire to progress in learning about the gospel. He also has a pet monkey.

We have also been working with a part member family named the Valasquez family. They are all super great and have a sincere desire to learn and progress in the gospel. They have a piano in their house but nobody knows how to play it, so every now and then they ask me to play a song for them. Well, in our last meeting, after we had finished they asked me if I would play something for them. I had already played all of the songs I had memorized for them so I didn't really know what to do. I ended up playing a little version of "I am a Child of God". After I was done, the mom, Paulina (she is a less active member), told me that I must have been inspired to play that song for them because that was always her favorite one when she was coming to church, and that it really helped her to hear that song that day.

 That was a really neat experience for me to be an instrument in helping Paulina feel the Spirit. It was a simple testimony to me that truly, we are all children of God. He has sent all of us here to this earth to learn and grow, in hopes that we can return to live with him again afterwards. He has given us so many blessings to help us through this life and often times we take these blessings for granted. Being here in Mexico has definitely helped me recognize God's hand in my life. and helped me recognize the things that really matter most. I hope we can all remember where we came from, and what our potential is. I know God lives and loves each and every one of us.


Have a great week!  -- Elder May



No comments:

Post a Comment