Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy new year everybody, I hope you all set some new goals... and actually plan on keeping them for longer than a month or so. For our new year's celebration we grilled steaks for lunch. It sounded like a great idea but then it started to pour rain. I suggested just cooking them inside our apartment but the other elders were determined to cook them in the rain. We brought some umbrellas outside and ended up beating the rain. We had to leave for an appointment though, so our steaks were super under-cooked. It was quite the party. I am kind of glad that the holidays are over because it has been especially hard to find people who want to listen to us lately.

I made a goal this week to really try to talk to more people and practice my Spanish and develop relationships with the members and investigators. We had an appointment with an investigator named Roberto and he was wearing this nice poncho that a friend made for him in Mexico. I was just being friendly and I said "I like your poncho". When I said that, he looked at me and said "really?!" and like ripped it off of his body so fast and gave it to me, saying "is for you". That was a little weird and he refused to take it back. So I got a cool poncho. Roberto is awesome though. He loves Christ and wants to come to church. He isn't able to come though because he doesn't have a car so we have been trying to find somebody to give him a ride.

Yesterday was full of eventual things. I got in my first car accident. It was pretty fun. I always had this weird desire to be involved in a car accident, so now I can cross that off the bucket list. Nobody got hurt and the car wasn't damaged too bad. We were still able to drive it for the rest of the day, but today we need to find a shop that will fix it. Last night we had an appointment with the Mendosa family. They are awesome. They have a little boy named Max that has autism. He is so fun and so happy, I love that little guy. We pulled up to their house and it was pouring rain again. I got out of the car and saw that a big puddle. I felt determined to jump across the whole thing. So i jumped. But next thing I knew I hit my head on something and I ended up landing in the middle of the puddle getting my feet all wet. I looked at what I had hit my head on and saw a 2X4 sticking out of the bed of a truck. It put a big cut in my head. We didn't have a first aid kit in the car so we just knocked on the door with me all wet and blood coming down my forehead. They gave me a nice bandage to wear for the night and they all teased me and it was a good time.

I finished the Book of Mormon this morning in my personal study and I want you all to know that I know without a doubt that it is true. There are so many people out there trying to prove that it is false and that Joseph Smith was never a prophet and didn't really see the Father and Jesus Christ. These people go to such great lengths and try to find any little thing they can that might give them a chance of proving that it is false. I can say that I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly father and Jesus Christ, and that he really did restore this church. There is no way that an un-educated farm boy could have made up the Book of Mormon and this church.

Have a great week!



Elder May





No comments:

Post a Comment