Monday, January 30, 2017

Hola amigos.


This week was kind of interesting. We went on exchanges and I was with the District leader, Elder Bay. Him and I get along really well. We went to a members house for dinner and it was a fun time. His name is Brother Asper. He is like 80 years old.  After we ate, he invited us to go downstairs so he could show us all of his harmonicas that he plays. He played a couple songs for us and he was actually really good. I didn't know that and 80 year-old man could play the harmonica like that without hurting himself. After he gave us a little private concert, he went to a closet and came back with two new harmonicas. He gave Elder Bay and me a harmonica and began to teach us how to play them. It is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. He taught us how to play "Oh Susanna". We got pretty good at it. He also has a nice piano, a couple guitars, and a bunch of music recording stuff. He started to play the guitar and I asked if I could play his piano and he said yes. Elder bay just kept playing his harmonica and we ended up writing our own little version of "Oh Susanna" with all of us on different instruments. It was really fun. Brother Asper said after our missions he wants to start a band with us and name it "The Harmonicats". I think it sounds like a great idea.

That was a pretty fun night, but then the rest of the week wasn't quite as fun. We had 6 baptisms schedule for the weekend and all of them cancelled. We were super sad for them. We are trying to still meet with them but they aren't even answering our phone calls anymore. It is sad, but keep them in your prayers!

The Florez family is still doing well though. They came to sacrament meeting this week. The Mom didn't come though, so it was just the dad and the 11 kids. We thought we would sit by them to help keep them reverent. It didn't work. The whole meeting the were climbing all over us and taking stuff out of our bags. It was pretty crazy. The Dad ended up sitting on a different bench by himself and basically left us to watch his kids. It was good that they came to church, but we are going to have to work on some things there. I never want 11 kids.

Oh yeah, I also got my visa! I am flying to Mexico City on the 13. I am super excited to finally go to my original mission. I will definitely miss the people here though. The small branch we go to has been amazing. All of the members are so loving and kind and I will really miss them. I know that my time in Atlanta was not just a coincidence. Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us. As long as we are living righteously and trying our best, we can be confident that anything that comes into our lives-- good or bad-- is according to God's plan for us. I have come to know that that is true. I love you all, have a great week.


--
Elder May

Me and Bro. Asper on our harmonicas

No comments:

Post a Comment