Monday, May 1, 2017

Another great week here in Espartaco. We have transfers next week so it is likely that I might leave the area. I would love to stay here though. I love this area and the people. They also have tacos de Al Pastor on just about every corner. If you don't know what Al Pastor is, don't worry, nobody else does either. It is some form of meat that is super delicious, but I have yet to find out what exactly it is. My companion gets a stomach ache every time he eats it, but I never have a problem and I feel pretty proud of myself. I am also developing a stronger tolerance to the spicy food. The members are often surprised at how much salsa I use. I just tell them that the more salsa I eat, the more Spanish I learn.

We haven't had too many exciting things happen this week. We had a exchanges with the other elders in our district and that was fun. We had an appointment with a deaf lady who they teach in sign language. Unfortunately, she wasn't home and we didn't end up teaching her. The missionary I was with knows sign lanuage so he was teaching me some things. Hopefully I get the chance to meet her another day.

Enrique's baptism is still scheduled for this saturday and he is very excited. He has been inviting all of his friends to the baptism and even invites them to listen when we have teaching appointments with him. I don't think I have ever met someone more prepared to receive the gospel. We have another pretty solid investigator named Miguel. He loves the book of mormon and writes his own little notes and marks things thaet he likes. He really just gets it and it is really neat to see him progress. He had a baptismal date for May 27, but he just informed us that he will be moving to Venezhuela on the 20. We told him we would send the misisonaries to his house down there to continue teaching him and he was pretty excited. I was a little bummed that he has to leave though.

I have loved serving a mission here in Mexico. It is been the hardest, happiest, most fun, and most exciting thing that I have ever done. I love meeting so many people and being called "Guero" every day. I will try to have some better stories for you all next week. Have a great week!

--
Elder May




No comments:

Post a Comment