Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hola everybody, It has been another exciting week in Espartaco. We are entering the rainy season so our house is flooding about daily. We just don't really care anymore and it dries the next morning, so all is well!

Juan-carlos is still doing well. He came to church with us again and he loved it. We got there a little bit early and he said he wanted to play the piano. He had mentioned before that he loves music, and he has a piano in his house so we assumed he knew how to play, so we let him... He does not know how to play the piano. He basically just hit random notes and sang a song about Jesus that he made up on the spot. We thought he would stop after a few minutes, but he kept going for about 15 minutes. I eventually went up and asked him if I could play something and then I just played regular prelude for everybody. It is never a dull moment with him.

Church was really good though. I have mentioned the Lopez family before, but for those of you who don't remember, I will give you a review. They are a family of 5 that are so humble and so happy. They make money by making jello, putting it unto cups, and selling it on the streets. They are some of the most faithful members I have ever met. Well, on sunday the dad, Javiere, was called to be the new bishop! I was super excited. He has only been a member for about 3 years so he is a little nervous naturally, but we already have a lot of plans to help him out. We hope that a new bishop will help get the ward excited again and hopefully have more success.

The other day we were having a good lesson with an investigator. In the middle of the lesson we starting hearing a loud grunting sound and I started to feel kind of scared that someone was choking or dying or something, but the investigator didn't seem to notice. The noise kept coming and eventually a lady walked out, and soon behind her was the biggest pig I have ever seen. She told us she was going on a walk with Camila... the pig. My companion asked her when she was going to cook and eat it and she got really offended and told us they she has had her pet pig for 3 years now. For a second I almost thought I was back in grantsville after hearing all of that...
The work is going a little slower than my companion and I would like, but with faith we know it will get better! The best thing we can do is keep striving to be exactly obedient and the Lord will bless us in his own time.

Have a great week 
                                           

Elder May
Camila the pig

Eating fried ice cream for free!!

Enjoying some rootbeer floats with Elder Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment