Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I don't have a lot of time to write this week because we have transfers today. My companion is leaving and I am staying for at least one more transfer in Espartaco. I kind of wanted to leave, but when they told us the transfer news I felt super excited to stay here. So I am happy with staying for another transfer.

A lot has happened this week and I feel bad that I don't have time to explain it all. We went to the temple and the visitor's center with Enrique this week. It was really cool. Their visitor's center is nicer than the one in Salt Lake. I was pretty impressed. We also went to a store on the temple grounds (basically like Deseret Book) and Enrique bought himself some things. He bought a missionary nametag that says "amigo de misionero" and he wears that when we go out in public with him.

We had a really good lesson with Juan on Saturday and he accepted a baptismal date on July 29. He could technically get baptized next week because he has come to church for about a month straight, but he needs more time to learn everything. After our lesson, he was showing us all of his paintings he has painted in his house. Some looks professional and others look like a kindergartener painted them. But he claims that all of them are his work. I thought I would test him and I asked him to paint me a turtle playing soccer. He said yes and the next day sure enough, he had my painting. I will let all of you decide if you think he is a professional. He said he didn't have any paint so he drew it with a pen and then used his coffee as paint...
--                   

Elder May

Juan"s art work

More art work from Juan

Enrique's nametag and young women's pen that he bought

My picture of a turtle playing soccer that Juan drew for me

The message he wrote on the back of my turtle picture

some investigator friends at church. (left to right-- Enrique, Elder Sanchez, Zoraida, Ivon, Juan, me)



At the visitor center with Enrique

No comments:

Post a Comment